$49.00 – $60.00
It’s a fact: The Hornady® A-MAX® bullet design grew from a relentless application of everything we know about ballistics and flight characteristics. After all, match shooters demand perfection from their bullets every time they step on the range. The aerodynamic secant ogive profile, the sharp pointed tip and the unequaled concentricity of the A-MAX® design give it an extremely high ballistic coefficient for near perfection in flight. The A-MAX® bullet is the ultimate result of more than half a century of studying bullet performance. Every aspect of accuracy has been designed into the A-MAX® bullet. From its polymer tip to the angle of the boattail, the A-MAX® bullet is engineered for extreme accuracy.
All Hornady® Match™ and A-MAX® bullets now feature revolutionary AMP™ (Advanced Manufacturing Process) bullet jackets. Developed by Hornady® engineers, these bullet jackets are a technological advancement in design, tooling and manufacturing that combine to produce the most consistently concentric bullet jackets available. These new AMP™ jackets are the foundation for exceptional bullet accuracy and have virtually zero tolerance for concentricity and near zero wall thickness variation. Coupled with precision swaged cores and manufactured to the tightest standards in the industry, all Hornady ® Match™ and A-MAX® bullets provide superior consistency, high ballistic coefficients and unprecedented levels of accuracy.
1. ULTRA LOW-DRAG TIPThe low-drag and uniform point raises the ballistic coefficient and precisely balances the center of pressure relative to the center of gravity in order to achieve optimal in-flight stability.
2. SECANT OGIVE PROFILEThe geometric profile works to produce low drag and flatter trajectories. The secant ogive design also provides the optimum bearing surface for stability in flight and the best ballistic coefficient possible.
3. SWAGED LEAD COREThe swaging process provides excellent uniformity and balance for consistent performance and accuracy.
4. AMP™ JACKETThe jacket has virtually zero tolerance for concentricity and near zero wall thickness variation.
5. BOATTAILThe angle and length of the boattail is unique to each calibre and weight of Match™ and A-MAX® bullets to maximize ballistic coefficient and accuracy.